Reading Time: ~ 2 min.
It’s the first day of April and the first day of the second quarter of 2021! Time is moving quickly now my friends… are you where you need to be? Are you working on the things that you need to be built? Are you building meaningful things with great people who love and respect you and who want you to win?
I hope so… I hope so! 🥰
Oh, and the Book Club (at the bottom of this post) has started! Read Chapter 1 this week; feel free to email me your thoughts and I’ll compile them into next week’s issue!! My original plan was to have some of our chats on our platform but it’s not quite stable after a big technical push. 🤦🏻♂️ Maybe in a bit…
Anyways, here are your links for the day:
- Twitter community? Slack CH? Prod + Comm. Atlassians 2020 review.
- Still applies? Community + metrics. Audio everything. Selling writing.
- Bitclout fame. Vary. School communities. 3 free ebooks (no emails!).
- Back to offices? Rolling venture fund. Teehee. Conditioned. Women founders.
- Ecosystems. $25k gif. Angel pilot. Debt as service. Launch house!
- China cloud. 160 days sober. eCommerce stack. YC observations.
- Experts lie. “Very Punchable.” Life partner. Seasteading. Ramona. Greenlight.
- Shopify 4 creators. Sick. Yeah. Aren’t beautiful. Ebert was wrong. Super admin.
- Perspective. Tools. Above, beyond. Self-love. Satan shoes. Babes.
- 20 interviews. Banter bot. LOL. MailChimp sucks. Testing this.
To infinity & community,
No one quite “gets” a new project when it first arrives on the scene; only the founder(s), for the most part. Our job as product & community builders is to help define the solution, build it, and then show our community how it actually works. This process takes a lot longer than most folks.
And Calvin, a long-time
yenizen and one of our true
#yenOGs, has been with the project since it really got off the ground early last year! Even folks who are in the “inner circle” can get confused as the wheels are getting put on the car, so-to-speak. But our job is to continue to refine our approach, refine the language we use to speak about the products and businesses that we’re building, and to never stop iterating on all of it.
Eventually, inevitably, through our endurance and perseverance, we will make it to the finish-line. Together. Never give up on your vision, never. The model? Yes. The method? Sure. The people? You might have to. But, you never have to compromise your vision for your business and community.
Don’t back down, don’t give in.
The Four Agreements can empower us to live with greater clarity, purpose and passion while letting go of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of our joy. The agreements are:
- Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to others’ opinions and actions, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering. This also includes the voices inside your mind.
- Don’t Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
- Always Do Your Best: Your best will change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to unwell. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
A very good reminder.