Reading Time: ~ 2 min.
I hope you’re having a great one! We’ll just jump straight into it, shall we? Here’s your usual list of resources and links that I’ve found around the internet — enjoy!
- Scarlet letters. Cute. $10M, 5 years. They are legion. Happy endings.
- Should be fixed. Biz, brand. Undo tweets. Podcasting made easy. Courage.
- Whut, why. Phone security cam. API images. Know your shit. Bootkamps!
- Fetcher. Beekeeping. Info insurgency. Urban Outlaw. Substack complaints.
- Learn to trade, free. Virtual coworking. $20k course sales. Haunted. Photoshop.
- $1600 MRR. Don’t outsource customer work. Why? Boys club. Keeping in touch.
- NYTimes A/B testing. Knots. Focus. BTC is real. Bottom-up pricing. Next Gen.
- Genocide. CH will fail. Retention. When to interrupt. Platform brands. Advice.
- OS db. Flameshot. A better LI? Lost. GPT-3. China. Thoughts on validation.
- Orbit is pretty fucking cool! ChartCSS. Common mistakes for managers.
To infinity & community,
It’s been about 8 weeks since my team and I embarked on an epic rebuild of our core architecture to the community platform that we’re building for all of you and last night — late — we deployed it moving us one step closer to public launch.
- Building in the Open — We’re sharing our progress publicly via a few different vectors like Twitter, YouTube (a new podcast is coming!), and in our own
- Community-centric — We co-build with the community, taking cues and feedback seriously while also staying true to our mission & vision. We also shorten our design / development cycles because we don’t waste time building things that our community doesn’t want or need.
- Consistent Communication IS Community — We engage daily with our community through the platforms that we intentionally picked to carry our message into the internet, especially this growing YEN.FM channel!
I’m so grateful that we get to do what we do and build for the folks that we know, serve, and love.
A quick reminder via Ray Dalio on micro / macro economics. I think of these often as I build not just my project and community but also the technology and systems that power them.
I imagine they’ll be helpful for you — give these a few minutes of your time:
- Don’t have debt rise faster than income, because your debt burdens will eventually crush you.
- Don’t have income rise faster than productivity, because you will eventually become uncompetitive.
- Do all that you can to raise your productivity, because, in the long run, that’s what matters most.