Reading Time: ~ 2 min.
A short but impactful one today! I hope this week has been a good one. If not, tell me why and maybe I can help make it better. LOVE!
- Talk wins nothing. How to make friends, fast. Torch. Landing pages.
- CapePrivacy. Equity. High order. Slow down. LatAm Opp. Remote.
- Cool name. TheExpert. Nvidia vs Intel. The cost. Joke? Orange.
- 17 years. Not wrong. WordPress is King. News + Dem. Origins.
- Subscription winners. Instant editing. OnlyFans. The machine.
- Revolution radio. Interviews. New “garage“. Zero. A wall. Real laws.
- Khan. Half-circle. What is a computer? OnZoom. Spring loaded.
- Of course they are. Don’t stop. Super league. Discord, no deal.
- Worst behavior tolerated. Yes. InstaKids? Anything meaningful.
- Cynical. Video checklist. Speakers? Comments. Redwall. Parent?
To infinity & community,
Building a business is about two things:
- Building the future.
- Managing the past.
Turns out that you actually have to do both really well to succeed. I had no idea this is how it was when I first started out; this is probably why most startup founders sound and feel schizophrenic most days since they have to simultaneously live in two (if not three) realities all at the same time.
The first part is usually the easier one for startup builders, creators, and entrepreneurs — that’s what they do. The second part is just as important as you have to learn to manage all of the great stuff that you’ve previously built so that the new stuff can build on top of the older stuff.
The only way that I’ve figured out how to do this is to schedule in — literally put a repeat reminder in my calendar — to attack documentation debt on a consistent basis. I suggest you do the same. It’ll save your life (and startup) and you’ll thank me (if you remember).
A few updates that I’ve made recently is that I’ve I’ve shared the onboarding template in our open-source handbook (I didn’t want you to miss it!) as well as our more updated product development workflow / process. Even shared our “Glossary of Terms” that does a world of good for new team members:
There’s no reason that any of this should be in our private repos so I’d thought I’d share them. Updated and relevant documentation is how you keep things “sane” in a constantly-changing environment and world. Let me know how I can help.
Have a great and restful weekend! You and I earned it.